The Kanban Systems Improvement® (KSI) course gives you the knowledge and tools to optimize services for flow and performance and be an effective Kanban professional. This class is a virtual (online) learning experience.
This 2-day highly interactive course and simulation, (formerly known as the Kanban Management Professional 2 or KMP II - Part 2 of 2), is the second of two courses towards the coveted Kanban Management Professional® (KMP) credential. This course will help you if you are managing or working with multiple teams that are responsible for doing projects, operations, development, support, or research. You will learn how to effectively manage and scale across an interconnected system of work, focus on and exceed customer expectations, introduce meaningful change to your work environment, improve transparency, identify and tackle bottlenecks, visualize workflow, improve communication, and enhance collaboration at both the team and enterprise level.
Learn how to introduce and implement the Kanban Method by using a progressive learning approach and a highly interactive simulation with focused collaborative hands-on exercises. By completing both the Kanban System Design® (KSD) and Kanban Systems Improvement® (KSI), participants will achieve the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation with Kanban University®
- They consist of highly interactive simulations and exercises.
- They are guaranteed to run as soon as five people have registered.
- We have posted over 3000 testimonials (not just ratings) from real people that have attended.
- We offer a 100% money-back guarantee.
Attendees Will Receive
- 16 PDUs | 16 SEUs
- Internationally Recognized Kanban University® Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential (if you have already completed the KSD course).
- Profile listing on the Kanban University alumni page with credentials.
- Free ebooks, newsletter subscriptions, and more.
- Delivery facilitated by an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) and Registered Education Provider (REP) with Kanban University® & other certification agencies.
Your Accredited Kanban Trainer
Jerry Doucett, AKT, KMP, REP, CSP
For over 30 years Jerry has proudly served on numerous enterprise transformations by focusing support on four key success pillars: cultivating in-house expertise on Lean and Agile practices, defining enterprise transformation strategies, building and delivering coaching and training programs, and developing effective relationships between business and IT. Take a moment to read about Jerry's extensive experience on his public LinkedIn Profile.
Over the past decade Jerry has delivered hundreds of public and private training and learning events to over 4500 people in over a dozen countries. Visit our corporate site to read over 3000 actual testimonials and their associated ratings of our classes.
Target Audience for KSD
This course is strongly recommended for Team Leads and HR Managers who are responsible for creating a high performance work environment, Managers who want to transform their organizations, and Project Managers who need to know how to work with Agile and Scrum teams.
The Kanban Systems Improvement® class is for those who take responsibility for improving delivery of products and services to customers and for those who want to optimize their businesses.
- First and Second Line Managers.
- Project Managers.
- Product Managers.
- Experienced Individual Contributors and Technical Experts.
- Scrum Masters.
- Business Unit Leaders.
- C-level Executives and,
- Their Improvement Coaches and Consultants.
- If you have been using Agile techniques (including Scrum) for years, this course is a valuable supplement that will help you identify and tackle some of the most common challenges.
- If you are considering using Kanban, this is a great opportunity to learn about the best circumstances to use Kanban and the common challenges you may face in introducing Kanban to your team and organization.
Participants will learn deeper Kanban practices to sustain evolutionary improvements, how to get to pull at enterprise scale, how to implement Kanban Cadences for improved organizational feedback loop mechanisms, and how to achieve evolutionary improvements in Business Agility.
By successfully completing the Kanban Systems Design course, you will be able to:
- Design and implement a robust Kanban system across your enterprise, for your services, and for your teams.
- Use the Kanban Method to improve the performance of your services to deliver value to customers.
- Manage shifting priorities, interruptions, dates and other types of work.
- Make and deliver on promises to your customers.
- Understand how Kanban for a service is a step towards Real Agility™.
The course is structured around interactive exercises, discussions and simulations, many which focus in class on applying Kanban to your real-world scenarios and work.
Attendees are also expected to have read the eBook 'Essential Kanban Condensed' by David J Anderson and Andy Carmichael, which is free and publicly available on the Kanban University website.
All attendees will also receive a free electronic copy of the 'Agile Advice' ebook by Mishkin Berteig.