This class is delivered as a sequence of morning sessions (between 9 am and 12:30 pm), with a 30 minute break in between.
KANBAN COACHING PRACTICES (KCP)
This course will teach coaching tools and techniques to be successful leading significant evolutionary change initiatives with a goal of achieving Maturity Level 2 or Maturity Level 3 at an enterprise scale. This class offers a codified Kanban Method approach to introducing and implementing change and is specifically designed to augment the Kanban Maturity Model class.
Who Should attend?
Coach/Consultant: “My job is to help people and organizations improve and realize their full potential. But I work with many people and groups in this large, complex organization. How can I vary my advice and be sure it is appropriate in their context?”
What Will You Learn?
Module 1 - Observe
- How Kanban coaches read situations, 12 Focusing Questions, practice on case studies
- Psychology: individual, group, professional identity, how organizational change affects it, how to tread carefully (lessons from the field)
- Sociology: social entropy and cohesion, social capital and policy mapping, Immelman framework, consequences of ignoring (lessons from the field)
- KMM Leadership extension in detail, leadership modes and behaviours
Module 2 - Respond
- Coaching stance: what Kanban coaches do and don’t do, how to escalate motivation for change
- Coaching tools: process coaching or management training dilemma, Kanban appropriateness, mechanical and cultural reasons for applying Kanban
- More coaching tools: agendas, contextual assessment, Kanban market positioning, engagement design
- Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) in action: exercise, update your ML transition designs from the KCP perspective
All days consist largely of interactive group exercises.