The Team Kanban Practitioner® (TKP) course gives you the knowledge and tools to boost your Agile team performance and provides the foundations to be an effective Kanban practitioner. This class is a virtual (online) learning experience.
This 1-day highly interactive course and simulation guides you in the foundations of the Kanban Method® and serves as a fast starting point to an alternative path to Real Agility™. This course will help you if you are facilitating teams doing projects, operations, development, support, or research. You will learn how to organize your work, improve transparency, identify bottlenecks, visualize workflow, improve communication, and enhance team collaboration.
Learn core concepts of the Kanban Method with a progressive learning approach including a highly interactive simulation and focused collaborative hands-on exercises. Achieve the Team Kanban Practitioner® (TKP) designation with Kanban University by successfully completing this course.
Some noteworthy things about our classes:
- They consist of highly interactive simulations and exercises.
- They are guaranteed to run as soon as four people have registered.
- We have posted over 3000 testimonials (not just ratings) from real people that have attended.
- We offer a 100% money-back guarantee.
Attendees Will Receive
- 8 PDUs | 8 SEUs
- Internationally Recognized Kanban University® (TKP) certificate.
- Profile listing on the Kanban University alumni page with credentials.
- Free ebooks, newsletter subscriptions, and more
- Delivery facilitated by an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) and Registered Education Provider (REP) with Kanban University® & other certification agencies.
Your Accredited Kanban Trainer
Target Audience for TKP
This course is strongly recommended for Team Leads and HR Managers who are responsible for creating a high performance work environment, Managers who want to transform their organizations, and Project Managers who need to know how to work with Agile and Scrum teams.
- Team members for almost any kind of service or delivery and anyone in a professional services role.
- Those who feel overburdened and wish to find some respite to enable them to “get things done” with transparency, quality, improved speed, and predictability.
- Managers and team members who need help focusing on what to work on now, what to leave until later and what to discard altogether.
- Those who want to take pride of workmanship and do good quality work in an effective manner.
- Individuals that need to manage their work more effectively, feel overburdened, have too much work in progress, or that receive either unpredictable or bursts of work at specific times.
- If you have been doing Scrum or using Agile practices for years, this course is a valuable supplement that addresses many common challenges you likely have encountered.
- If you are considering using Kanban, this is a great opportunity to learn about the core practices of Kanban, how Kanban can help your team work better together, discuss some common challenges to getting started, and what results to expect.
By the end of the class, attendees will:
- Become familiar with the Kanban Method.
- Be introduced to the Core Kanban Practices and how they are important in building a successful service.
- Recognize some of the common elements of, and know how to implement a basic Kanban board.
- Understand work item types and their associated risks.
- Become familiar with the Kanban learning roadmap and the value and benefits to be derived at each step on the “alternative path to agility.”
- Overview of the Kanban Method.
- Understanding Kanban Systems.
- The Core Kanban Practices.
- A Kanban Team Simulation.
- The Team Kanban Service meetings (cadences) and associated feedback loops, including commitment and replenishment practices.
- Applying What You Have Learned in a Kanban Board Design Exercise.
'Essential Kanban Condensed' by David J Anderson and Andy Carmichael
This is recommended reading before attending this class
All attendees will also receive a free electronic copy of the 'Kanban for Teams' BERTEIG eBook.