The KMP II class focuses on the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organization and how to manage and evolve it over time without trauma. Learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences. The class also covers recommended meetings, handling metrics, and setting policy.
- Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
- Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
- Understand asymmetrical commitment
- Rollout phases for a Kanban initiative
- Developing a service orientation
- Kanban Values: a different approach to introducing Kanban
- Scumban case study
- Managing evolutionary change
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. The Kanban e-book will be provided upon registration in case participants have not yet received it as part of the KMP I course. Prior attendance at KMP Foundations I is preferred (and only required to achieve the KMP status -- see certification).