KMMF: Evolving Fit-for-Purpose Organizations
(Accelerated 1 day class for KCP)
- Understand the breadth of general kanban practices and the depth of specific practices implementing general practices such as Visualize and Limit WIP
- Understand the Organizational Maturity Model and the mapping of specific Kanban practices and design patterns
- Learn the cultural values and leadership styles which enable evolution of organizational agility
- Understand the two failure modes of Kanban implementations: aborted start; and false summit plateaus.
- Discover which practices are appropriate at each maturity level to avoid these failure modes
- Learn how to use the model to provide a roadmap for improvement and ideas for what to do next to catalyse the next level of evolutionary change and business improvement
- Learn the definition of “fit-for-purpose” and understand what it takes to evolve an organization that is fit-for-purpose
- Learn how to use KMM together with other models and methods
Who Should Attend?
The course is designated to Certified Kanban Coaching Professionals who would like an accelerated review of the Kanban Maturity Model covering the following topics:
- how to develop further their organizational agility
- appropriate practices that allow delivering on customer expectations
- how to achieve predictable economic outcomes and financial robustness
- how to improve the predictability of their teams’ work and meet customer expectations.
- how to define a realistic roadmap for their organizations based on a profound understanding of their current situation, the characteristics of the organizational culture and the defined purpose.
- what leadership focus and actions are necessary to enable successful improvement.
This course requires the student to have completed the certification program as a Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP). Course participants are encouraged to have read the book Kanban Maturity Model by David J. Anderson and Teodora Bozheva.
Lean Kanban University® Certification
Are you looking for an internationally recognized certification in the Kanban Method? This course is a prerequisite together with the KCP credential for the KMM Lead Appraiser course and credential.
- Understanding KMM levels
- KMM Architecture
- KMM and other models and methods: Lean/TPS, CMMI, Real World Risk Model
- Evolving organizational culture with KMM
- Fit-for-purpose organization
- Developing Organizational Agility
- Risk Management practices
- Developing an antifragile organization
- How to use KMM as a Kanban coach, Change agent, or Project Manager
- Wrap Up
Cancellation Policy – Please Note:
Substitutions are accepted at any time. Cancellations must be notified by email and refunds will be provided according to the following: More than 10 days prior = 80% of course fee 5 to 10 days prior = 50% of course fee Less than 5 days = no refund provided Lean Kanban, Inc. reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are insufficient registrations or if presenters are unable to attend due to illness. If necessary, you will be notified no later than 7 days prior to the event and all registration payments will be refunded promptly. If circumstances require, presenters may be substituted for alternative qualified presenters with equivalent experience. Please be advised that events can be subject to changes in date and/or venue due to acts out of our control such as bad weather, civil unrest, etc. It is recommended that you purchase changeable and refundable tickets. Lean Kanban, Inc. will not be responsible for incurred costs in the event that we need to make changes due to circumstances beyond our control. For more information, please contact us at: LKU@LeanKanban.com