A very special opportunity to train with David J Anderson!
The Kanban Maturity Model (KMM) codifies more than 10 years of experience implementing Kanban across diverse industries, in businesses small to extremely large. It plays an important role in creating unity, alignment, a sense of purpose and good governance. Use it to gain a better sense of achievement, provide better products and services, delight your customers, and realize superior business results.
The KMM provides a proven road-map of guidance on recommended practices to meet improvement goals. The KMM maps typical Kanban practices as well as cultural values against 7 organizational maturity levels. This becomes a powerful tool for coaches and consultants leading Kanban initiatives and helping businesses improve their agility.
Main topics of the course
- Organizational maturity levels defined in terms of behavioral patterns, depth of Kanban practices and business outcome
- Kanban Maturity Model architecture
- Evolving a fit-for-purpose organization
- Cultural values and leadership styles which enable the evolution of organizational agility
- Two failure modes of Kanban implementations, aborted start and false summit plateaus, and means to avoid them
- Mapping between KMM and other models and methods such as Lean/TPS, Real World Risk Model, and CMMI
- Advanced Kanban practices for managing services and projects