This course teaches Scrum teams to use Kanban effectively to improve collaboration, transparency, communication, efficiency and the flow of value within their Sprints. This course is certified by the Kanban University and is taught by Altuğ B. Altıntaş, an Accredited Kanban Trainer with over 15 years of experience coaching teams and managers.
Why should a Scrum team learn Kanban?
With the introduction of Kanban training for Scrum teams, the inventor of Scrum, Ken Schwaber, officially recognized the value of Kanban for Scrum teams.
In this course, we’ll teach you to improve visibility into your team’s process so that everyone on the team can make better decisions, communicate and collaborate more effectively. You’ll learn Scrumban with metrics that make it easier to identify opportunities for improvement and to demonstrate which improvement decisions are effective.
The course follows the official Kanban University Certified Team Kanban syllabus. During the course you will have lots of opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics:
- Experience Kanban
- Full simulation using the Scrumban game
- Definition of Kanban
- Foundational Principles
- Core Practices
- The Kanban Values
- Understanding Kanban
- Pull-Based Systems
- Commitment in Kanban
- Replenishment and Planning
- Delivery of Products
- Lead and End-to-End Cycle Times
- Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Flow Efficiency
- Metrics in Kanban Systems
- Implementing Kanban
- Understanding Sources of Variability
- Identifying Opportunities to Improve
- Analyzing Demand and Capability
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
- Kanban Board Design
- Designing Kanban Tickets
- Examples of Visual Kanban Boards
What You’ll Get
- The eBook ‘Essential Kanban Condensed’ by David J Anderson and Andy Carmichael
- Participants will receive a Team Kanban Practitioner certificate of course completion from Kanban University as well as membership in Kanban University and listing on the Kanban University website.
- If you are interested in becoming a Certified Kanban Management Professional (KMP), we also offer the KMP I and II courses.
- Electronic copies of all materials used in the course
- tea/coffee and snacks
- Discounted admission to Agile Kanban Istanbul Summit