Attended this class? Sign in to participate.
Sign up for our Virtual Team Kanban certification!
Are you new to Kanban and want to know how to get started? Do you need a starter course? Bring a colleague or team and learn about the basics of Kanban and how to get started the following Monday.
Attendees will walk away with a great understanding for how to use Kanban to balance their demands while getting work done.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During this one-day interactive and engaging course, you will learn the basics of visualizing different types of work and associated risk. You will learn how to design and implement a Team Kanban board. You will also learn how to proceed to the next level with Kanban.
During this program, you will learn what the Kanban Method is, the principles and practices of the Method, and how you can build your Kanban proficiency by:
- Designing a basic Kanban board
- Understanding work item types and identifying risks associated with them
- Understanding the variety of Team Kanban board designs and styles
- Selecting the Team Kanban board design that is best suited for your context
- Understanding the value and benefits for each on the "alternative path to agility"
- Building a higher level of quality through the use of a Team Kanban
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Team members, team leads and managers in professional service industries, considering or pursuing an alternative path to agility.
Those who feel overburdened and wish to find some respite to enable them to "get things done" with quality, improved speed, and predictability.
Managers and team members who need help focusing on what to work on now, what to leave until later and what to discard altogether.
Those who want relief from overburdening so that they can take pride of workmanship and do good quality work in an effective manner.
This 1-day class is divided into a morning game and learning modules as follows:
- Introduction and Survey
- Kanban game
- Using Kanban to address overburdening
- Principles & Practices of the Kanban Method
- Meanings of Kanban
- Basic Kanban concepts
- Overview of 7 Kanban Cadences
- Daily Stand-up Meeting
- Replenishment Meeting
- Board designs (including Personal Kanban)
- WIP limits
- Batching and Flow
- Types of Risk
- Kanban board design exercise
- Preview of what's next...
- Service delivery workflow Kanban
- Proto-Kanban versus full Kanban System
- Benefits of extending Kanban up/down workflow
Attendees should become familiar with the Kanban Method and be able to implement it on Monday. They should be able to design and implement a basic Kanban board. They should be able to understand work item types and the risks associated with specific work items. They should be familiar with a variety of different Team Kanban board designs and styles and know how to choose a design that is best suited for their context. They should be aware of the training roadmap and the value and benefits to be derived at each step on the alternative path to agility.
TEAM KANBAN PRACTIONER (TKP) QUALIFICATION
Successful completion of this course meets the requirement for the Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) status designation indicating competency in visual management for improved collaboration and Team Kanban concepts based on the Kanban Method.
Participants will receive:
- A certificate of completion issued by Kanban University — recognized globally as the leading certifying body for Kanban professionals.
- A digital copy of the book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” by David J. Anderson.
Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) Brochure:
Join our Kanban/Agile group in LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/group...
NOTE: A minimum of 4 students is needed for this class.